This delicious Mint Chocolate Aero Cupcakes Recipe contains 2 hidden Aero balls baked inside each one!
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 125 g Self-Raising Flour
- 80 g Cocoa Powder
- 36 x Mint Aero Balls
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Colouring
- A few hours before making these cupcakes, you need to place the Aero balls into the freezer. If you don't, your cakes won't work properly and the balls will melt into the rest of the cake and become a gooey mess!
- When you are sure the balls are completely frozen, preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Finally add the flour & 50g of the cocoa and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of the batter into each of the cases.
- Then remove your Aero balls from the freezer (leave them in there right until the last minute) and 2 side by side into each of the cases on top of the batter.
- Finally cover the balls with the remaining batter and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cream the softened butter and then add the icing sugar and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- Take about a third of the buttercream and place it in a separate bowl and put to one side.
- Add the peppermint and a small amount of green colouring to the larger bowl of buttercream and mix thoroughly.
- Then add the remaining cocoa powder to the smaller bowl of buttercream and mix thoroughly.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of the green frosting onto each cake.
- Then pipe a single ruffle of chocolate buttercream on top in the middle.
- Finally place another Aero ball on top of the chocolate buttercream and enjoy!
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!