This Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe is perfect for making sweet pies and tarts.
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 140 g Chilled Unsalted Butter cubed
- 80 g Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the cubed chilled butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Then stir in the salt & sugar.
- Finally add 2-3 tbsp of cold water a tbsp at a time and mix together until you have a firm dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 30mins before use.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!