It’s hard to believe that these delicious, fluffy little rings of yum are gluten free, but they really are! They are also super easy and quick and to make.
- 75 g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour Blend I use Doves Farm
- ¼ tsp Xantham Gum
- 60 g Caster Sugar
- 10 g Butter / Stork
- 60 ml Milk
- 2 x Eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 350 g Icing Sugar
- 55 ml Water
- A Few Drops of Food Colouring
- Gluten Free Sprinkles I use Dr Oetkers
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C / 140°Fan / Gas 3.
- Grease a doughnut tin thoroughly.
- Place the flour, sugar & xatham gum into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl or jug, melt the butter.
- Add the milk, eggs, & vanilla to the melted butter and whisk together.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Finally, carefully spoon the runny mixture into the tin using a teaspoon, making sure each of the cups is filled to around ¾ full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until firm, but springy to the touch.
- Carefully remove from the tin using a spoon and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Whilst they cool mix the icing sugar & water together to make the icing adding a few drops of colouring if desired.
- When the doughnuts are fully cooled, transfer the icing into a piping or zip lock bag and cut the tip off to allow the icing to be slowly poured out.
- Pour a thick circle of icing on to the top of each of the doughnuts so that it drips down the sides and into the middle, you can go back and add more if the drips don't fully cover them the first time.
- Then whilst the icing is still wet, cover them with sprinkles.
Always check labels to make sure ingredients are gluten free, even if you have bought it before or a different brand. Not all brands use the same ingredients and many companies change their recipes.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!