Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
This delicious, creamy cheesecake is not only easy to make, but it’s also gluten free! 🙂
- 250 g Gluten Free Digestive Biscuits I used Tesco Free From
- 140 g Salted Butter
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 60 g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 225 ml Thick Double Cream
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Green Food Colouring
- 1 x Mint Aero Bar
- Line an 8" loose bottom tin with baking paper.
- Crumble the digestive biscuits into a bowl and then crush them into crumbs with the end on a rolling pin or a wooden spoon.
- Then melt the butter and add it to the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Tip the biscuit mix into the tin and press down using a fork or your hand and then pop it into the fridge for 10mins whilst you make the topping.
- Place half the mascarpone, and half the caster sugar in a bowl and beat together.
- Using a separate bowl do the same with the other half of the mascarpone and sugar.
- Place the 4tbsp of cocoa powder into a mug, then add the milk and mix to a smooth paste.
- Now add the paste to one of the bowls of mascarpone and mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- Then add the peppermint and a few drops of green colouring to the other bowl of mascarpone and mix thoroughly until completely blended.
- In a separate bowl or mixer, whisk the cream until stiff.
- Then add half of the whipped cream to each of the bowls of mascarpone and fold it in carefully until completely combined.
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and carefully spoon the green mixture over the biscuit, making sure to spread it as evenly as possible.
- Then add the chocolate mixture and spread it out with the back of a spoon, again making sure to get it as smooth and even as possible.
- Finally crumble the Aero bar over the top of the cheesecake, (I find breaking it into squares and then placing it into a sandwich bag and gently hitting it with a rolling pin crumbles it nicely without it melting in your fingers).
- Place the tin in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- When the cheesecake it completely set, remove it from the tin and carefully peel away the baking paper, the best way to do this is by placing the tin on a mug and pushing down on the tin.
- Place the cheesecake on a plate & enjoy!
ALWAYS double check that all ingredients are gluten free when baking for someone with a gluten intolerance, as not all brands are the same and ALWAYS thoroughly clean all equipment, utensils and surfaces before you start to make sure there is no possibility of cross contamination.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!