Gluten Free Coffee Cupcake Recipe
A friend of mine recently had a birthday and she loves coffee cake, but she started on a gluten free diet for health reasons a few months ago. So I decided it was time to come up with a tasty gluten free coffee cake recipe.
- For the cakes
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 4 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour Blend I use Dove's Farm
- 1/2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 4 tsp Coffee Granules
- 50 ml Boiling Water
- For the Buttercream
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- To Decorate
- 50 g Dark Brown Fondant or Modelling Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Place the coffee granules into a small jug and add the 50mls of boiling water, stirring with a teaspoon until completely dissolved, and then put to one side to cool.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Finally add half of the cooled coffee and mix well, putting the rest of the coffee to one side for the buttercream.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whilst the cakes cool, make the coffee bean toppers & buttercream.
- To make the coffee beans, roll the fondant into a long sausage and cut off 24 small equal pieces. Roll each piece into a bean shape and then use a knife to indent a line down the middle of each one.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter and mix together with the icing sugar until lump free.
- Then add the rest of the cooled coffee and mix again until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake & place 2 of the fondant coffee beans on top of each one.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!