This week I finally got a waffle maker, and OMG do I love it! I could literally make waffles all day, so be prepared for lots of new waffle recipes 🙂 My first recipe is for these delicious gluten and dairy free waffles. The day I got the waffle maker I obviously had to test it out even though it was 9pm by the time I finally had time to give it a try, so I just made the recipe that came in the instruction guide. Hubby and kids approved, but I couldn’t try them because of the milk in them 🙁 So last night I came up with this recipe and made some more. Not only did my son say they were nicer than the first lot I made, but he also had no idea they were gluten and dairy free!
I have the Sage Appliances No Mess Waffle Maker which I highly recommend if you’re looking to buy one.
- 150 g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour I use Doves Farm
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 250 m Coconut Milk
- 75 ml Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 x Eggs
- Place the flour, xantham gum, sugar & salt into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the milk, oil, vanilla & eggs into a jug and beat together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together with a fork until combined (it will still be slightly lumpy but that's ok).
- Transfer the combined mixture back into the jug.
- When the waffle iron is hot pour a quarter of the mixture onto the hot plate and cook for around 3 minutes or until the machine indicates it is cooked.
- Carefully remove the waffles from the iron and serve immediately.
- Enjoy as theyare or drizzle with maple sauce, sprinkle with icing sugar on serve with a scoop of dairy free ice-cream