Last week I posted a new recipe for gluten free doughnuts and as they were so popular, I thought this week I’d come up with some dairy free ones 🙂
For the doughnuts
- 60 g Self Raising Flour
- 15 g Cocoa Powder
- 40 g Caster Sugar
- 20 ml Sunflower Oil
- 60 ml Chocolate Soya Milk I use Alpro Soya Chocolate
- 2 x Eggs
For the icing
- 220 g Icing Sugar
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 55 ml Water
- Dairy Free Chocolate Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C / 140°Fan / Gas 3.
- Grease a doughnut tin thoroughly.
- Place the flour, sugar & cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl or jug, place the the chocolate milk, eggs, & oil whisk together.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Finally, carefully spoon or pour the runny mixture into the tin, making sure each of the cups is filled to around ¾ full.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes until firm, but springy to the touch.
- Carefully remove from the tin using a spoon and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Whilst they cool mix the icing sugar, cocoa powder & water together to make the icing.
- When the doughnuts are fully cooled, transfer the icing into a piping or zip lock bag and cut the tip off to allow the icing to be slowly poured out.
- Pour a thick circle of icing on to the top of each of the doughnuts so that it drips down the sides and into the middle, you can go back and add more if the drips don't fully cover them the first time.
- Then whilst the icing is still wet, cover them with sprinkles.
Always check labels to make sure ingredients are dairy free, even if you have bought it before or a different brand. Not all brands use the same ingredients and many companies change their recipes.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!