These delicious chocolate cupcakes are the perfect alternative for people who don’t like Christmas pudding. Ideal for the kids to tuck into after Christmas dinner whilst the adults enjoy the real thing.
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 10 ml / 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 g Self-Raising Flour
- 100 g Cocoa Powder
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 200 g White Fondant / Sugarpaste
- Red Food Colouring
- Green Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs & 1tsp of vanilla & mix beat together.
- Finally add the flour & 50g of the cocoa and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cases and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When baked remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Cream the softened butter together with 1tsp of vanilla and then add the icing sugar and remaining cocoa, mixing together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe or spoon a large blob of buttercream onto the middle of each cupcake.
- Using a palette or butter knife, carefully spread the buttercream down and towards the edges of the cupcake, to create a dome shape.
- When you have a smooth dome, use a rounded modelling tool or the end of a spoon or paint brush to gently make small dents all over the dome.
- Then take a piece of card and draw a splat shape and cut it out to use as a stencil for the white fondant.
- Next roll out the white fondant, place your card stencil on top and using a craft knife, cut out 12 of the shapes.
- Brush a tiny bit of water or edible glue onto the shapes and carefully stick them on top of the buttercream domes.
- Gather up the left over fondant and colour 2/3 of it green and the other third red.
- Using a small holly leaf cutter or craft knife, cut out 3 leaves per cupcake from the green fondant and stick them in the middle of each cupcake with water or edible glue.
- Finally, roll some tiny balls out of the red fondant and stick them in the middle of the leaves with water or edible glue.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!