This non-frosted chocolate cake is simple but deliciously moist and chocolatey without being too sickly like some frosted chocolate cake can be.
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 125 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp 30ml Milk
- 60 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 60 g Plain Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Grease & line a 7.5" tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then add the cocoa flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix again.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and stir in thoroughly.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the tin and bake for around an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and place face up on a wire rack.
- Then leave until completely cool before enjoying!
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!