Sophisticated & decadent cupcakes, perfect for weddings and grown up gatherings.
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Amaretto
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 125 g Self-Raising Flour
- 50 g Ground Almonds
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 125 ml Champagne / Cava / Prosecco
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the vanilla & Amaretto and mix well.
- Finally add the flour & almonds and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Put the champagne in a small saucepan & simmer over medium-high heat until it reduces to around 2 tbsp, then put to one side to cool.
- When cool mix together the icing sugar and Champagne.
- Then add the softened butter and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!