Cake International – Find Out What’s On & Win Tickets!
The line up for the Cake International show in Birmingham in November has been announced and quite frankly it is AMAZING!!
The show is set to be bigger and better than ever before with over 100 big names demonstrating in the various theatres and loads of awesome features as well as the usual competitions and 150+ exhibition stands!
I’m always excited for the CI shows, but I am more excited than ever for this one as not only do I have an exhibition stand, but I will also be demonstrating my ‘Cupcake Masterclass’ at 4pm on Sunday in the ‘Cake Pro Theatre’!
Find out how you can win yourself a pair of tickets at the bottom of this article!
So what’s on?
- The Cake International Theatre – Watch all your favourite baking stars in The Cake International Theatre, present their latest recipes, enviable skills and trusted techniques, sure to inspire your baking prowess at home. Click here for full timetable.
- Cake Pro Theatre – Hosted by Master Chocolatier Will Torrent; catch demonstrations centred on professional cake decorating skills and art. Plus, don’t miss the very special demonstrations from GBBO’s Creme de la Crème’s title winning team! Click here for full timetable.
- Demonstration Theatre – There will be two Demonstration Theatres hosting some of the greatest international and UK sugarcrafting, cake decorating and baking talents demonstrating their inspirational skills. Click here for full timetable.
Here are just some of the cake artists & bakers demonstrating at the show!
(Click on the names to find out more about them):
Alan Dunn * Autumn Carpenter * Avalon Yarnes * Benny M Rivera * Bryson Perkins * Calli Hooper * Cassie Brown * Ceri Griffiths * Christine Flinn * Daniel Diéguez * David Pallas * Dawn Butler * Dawn Coffin-Parrott * Debbie Wingham * Eddie Spence MBE * Eva Salazar * Frances McNaughton * Helen Vass * Jacqui Kelly * Karen Davies * Karen Keaney * La Belle Aurore * Laura Loukaides * Lindy Smith * Lizzo Marek * Marina Sousa * Mark Tilling * Mayen Orido * Michael Lewis Anderson * Mike McCarey * Molly Coppini * Paul Bradford * Queen of Hearts * Raewyn Read * Rhu Strand * Rose Macefield * Rosie Cake Diva * Ruth Rickey * Sachiko Windbiel * Samantha Rain * Sarah Sibley * Theresa Taubrich * Will Torrent
- Cake Masters Magazine – Visit Cake Masters Magazine stand for amazing show offers on subscriptions and back issues and see a show stopping display by a group of talented cake artists.
- A Taste of Sugar Mini Workshops – A Taste of Sugarcraft Workshops are specially designed to help sugarcrafting newcomers and juniors learn cake crafting techniques and enjoy a unique hands-on experience.
- Queen of Hearts Couture Cakes – Valeri and Christina of Queen of Hearts Couture Cakes will be bringing the Christmas vibe this November Show! From the mini ‘Buttercream Garden’ they did last year, this time they will setup their stand with hanging wreaths, Christmas trees, snowman… and you can be in it! So make sure to bring your props and head over to their booth for a little photoshoot!
- Have a go with Chocolate – Have some fun with the “Chocolate made easy” workshops using freehand techniques.
- British Sugarcraft Guild Birmingham – You are invited to join them on A Journey of Childhood Memories. Re-visit your favourite TV children’s characters – from 1945’s Muffin the Mule to the present day; along with memorabilia which will transport you back to your childhood.
- Cake-o-Matic and the Grand Appeal! – Wallace & Gromit-inspired cake, complete with some hidden surprises! Designed in collaboration with Aardman, creators of Wallace & Gromit, the top secret six-foot creation is under wraps until the main event this November.
- Cake Couture by Debbie Wingham – Don’t miss a display of the world’s most expensive gowns PLUS stunning recreations made in sugarart! Designed by internationally renowned haute couturier turned cake artist Debbie Wingham, see the famous ‘Black Diamond Dress’ and ‘Red Diamond Abaya’. It’s going to be an exceptional entrance piece – worth over 20 million pounds and adorned with real diamonds – including the world’s most expensive and rarest red diamond.
- Twisted Sugar Group – Take a group of international designers and let them run wild! What do you get? Their take on a macabre, Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton style tea party with a life-sized Alice and Mad Hatter! Cake artists include Daniel Dieguez, Calli Hopper, Karen Keaney, Laura Loukaides and Mayte Rodriguez Gigante.
- Emma Jayne’s Swan Lake – The exceptionally talented Emma Jayne will be creating a life-size model of Swan Lake’s ballerina ‘Odette’ and a swan in flight, showcasing poise, grace and elegance. Prepare to be awe-struck!
- Rose Macefield’s Magical Beasts – A magical display of edible fantastic beasts crafted by Rose Macefield and inspired by the magical world of Harry Potter, with each creature hand modelled from a variety of sugar mediums. Not to be missed!
- Disney Inspired – Sylvia Elba, Yvette Marner and Ilinka Rnic, creators of the viral sensation “the Weddible Dress” are back with a new TOP SECRET project inspired by Disney.
- The Renshaw School – Renshaw is proud to present The Renshaw School! Come along and learn the ultimate cake decorating techniques from the experts.
- French Union Patisserie Feature – A collective of French professional cake decorators will be creating a major life-size project mixing both the art of cake decorating and French tradition.
- The Chocolate Experience – Demonstrations, workshops, chocolate displays and industry experts!
- The Cake Off: Round 2 – Cake tools at the ready and stand by for the re-match of the century! Can Team UK retain their current title won at Cake Camp? Watch Team UK (Emma Ball, Tracey Rothwell & Mish Pattinson) battle it out live against Team Rest of the World (Mayen Orido, Raewyn Read & Marina Sousa) decorating a Christmas Woodland themed cake in 45 mins!
- Competition Showcase – Showcasing the artistry and skills of hundreds of entrants from around the world the Cake International competitions display will take your breath away! From exquisitely piped intricate royal icing designs, to the big, bold and beautiful – you’ll be up close to hundreds of unbelievable pieces from bakers of all ages. You’ll smell the icing sugar before you see them, but when you do prepare to have your jaw hit the floor! Click here to find out more about entering!
Check out all the competition cakes from the last few shows here!
- CI London – April 2016
- CI Birmingham – March 2016
- CI Birmingham – November 2015
- CI London – April 2015
You can order your tickets now by clicking here.
The lovely people over at Cake International HQ have given me a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky person!
Entry is now closed and the lucky winner drawn at random by the Contest Friend App was: Charlie Pope!