These banana milkshake cupcakes are a firm favourite with kids! Perfect for birthday parties and simple to make 🙂
- 175 g Soft Butter Stork
- 175 g Caster Sugar
- 4 heaped tsps Banana Milkshake Powder
- 30 ml Milk
- 3 x Medium Eggs
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 500 g Fondant Icing Sugar
- 225 g Unsalted Butter softened
- Few drops yellow food colouring
- 1 x Bag of Banana Milkshake Sweets
- Preheat the oven to 325° F / 160° C / 140° Fan / Gas 3.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin sized cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- In a small bowl or cup mix together 2 heaped tsps of the milkshake powder with 15ml of the milk until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the paste and a few drops of yellow colouring to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cases.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the sponge springs back when pressed lightly.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Add the softened butter to the icing sugar and mix together until creamy and lump free.
- In a small bowl or cup mix together the remaining milkshake powder and milk until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the paste and a few drops of yellow colouring to the buttercream and mix in until completely blended.
- Once the cakes are cool pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cake and top with banana milkshake sweets.
Made this recipe? Don't forget to tag me!@itssarahsibley I love to see all your tasty creations!